Johnson & Wales University … an exceptional education that inspires professional success and lifelong personal and intellectual growth.
In support of our mission and recognizing the importance of preserving our unique student-centered culture we will be guided by the following principles:
- Undertake continuous improvement and planning for a sustainable future
- Foster a teaching-focused university that encourages appropriate scholarship and offers relevant programs that maximize student potential
- Enrich our academic programs with experiential and work-integrated learning
- Be cost-conscious in our endeavor to provide an affordable private university education and be a good steward of our resources
- Embrace diversity for a richly inclusive community
- Model ethical behavior and local, national and global citizenship
- Value our faculty and staff by investing in their quality of life and professional development
- Provide facilities, technology and other resources to meet the needs of students, faculty and staff
University Essential Learning Outcomes
Graduates will demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to succeed in their chosen profession.
Foundation for Lifelong Learning
Graduates will demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary for lifelong learning, including competence in communication, critical and creative thinking, quantitative and scientific reasoning, and the ability to evaluate, integrate, and apply knowledge from multiple perspectives when making decisions and solving problems.
Global and Community Citizenship
Graduates will demonstrate the necessary skills, including an awareness of ethical responsibility and cultural/ global diversity, to live and work collaboratively as contributing members of society.