Take Charge of Your Career
You have the discipline — now earn a degree at JWU, named a Top Military Friendly School by GI Jobs.
At JWU, you’ll find a variety of professionally-focused on-campus and online degree programs. We offer small classes in a supportive atmosphere taught by faculty with industry experience, and an uncommon depth of career services.
We also offer a variety of services to help support your transition from active duty to student life, including:
- Academic counseling to help you meet your academic goals
- Career counseling to help you develop and apply career knowledge
- Free and confidential personal counseling
- Personal Financial Planners to assist with financial aid, benefits and payment plans
- Center for Academic Support offering tutoring and help with writing, studying and test taking, as well as information regarding disability accommodations
Johnson & Wales University is a Yellow Ribbon participating institution.
JWU’s contributions to help students cover their college expenses are matched dollar-for-dollar by the federal government. We are a proud participant of the Principles of Excellence and Post 9/11 GI Bill programs, and we are a signed institution with the DoD MOU.
- 100% Eligibility with 36 months of service after 9/10/2001
- Up to $1,000 yearly for books and supplies
- Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) rate at E-5 with dependents
- Remaining net tuition and fees after Post 9/11, federal, state and institutional aid is paid equally between the VA and JWU if the student is eligible for the Yellow Ribbon program
Our dedicated staff is here to help you through the admissions process, and there are more online resources that may also be of assistance to you.
The College Scorecard
The College Scorecard is a planning tool and resource to assist prospective students and their families as they evaluate options in selecting a school.
The College Navigator
The College Navigator is a consumer tool that provides school information to include tuition and fees, retention and graduation rates, use of financial aid, student loan default rates and features a cost calculator and school comparison tool.
The Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
The Financial Aid Shopping Sheet is a model aid award letter designed to simplify the information that prospective students receive about costs and financial aid so they can easily compare institutions and make informed decisions about where to attend school.
The “Paying for College” Website
Paying for College can be used by prospective students to enter the names of up to 3 schools and receive detailed financial information on each one and to enter actual financial aid award information.
- Complete the application for Education Benefits to activate benefits. Apply to JWU at Admissions.jwu.edu/apply. Submit Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or 28-1905 (CH 31) to School Certifying Official (SCO).
- 30 days prior to term starts: fall, winter, and spring the SCO automatically submits certification to the VA. Summer term the SCO emails students to verify the use of benefits and submits certification once student confirms.
- Complete the FAFSA, and use JWU’s school code: 003404. Chapters 33 and 31: Tuition goes directly to Johnson & Wales University. Student receives Monthly Housing Allowance one month in arrears during active enrollment dates. Payments for Chapters 30, 32, 35, 1606, and 1607 are paid directly to the student.